Common conditions we treat include:
Hip Pain/Knee Pain
- Limb Length Discrepancy
- Iliotibial Band Friction Syndrome
- Compartment Syndrome
- Shin Splints/Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome
- Muscle Strain
- Ligament Injury
- Posterior Tibialis Dysfunction
- Achilles Tendonitis/Severs Disease
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
- Lisfranc Joint Injury
- Flat Feet
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Hammer Toes
and many more…..
General Foot Care and Advice
We treat and discuss prevention options for these common conditions:
- Thickened Nails
- Cracked Heels
- Tinea Pedis
- Fungal Nails
Plantar Warts (Verruca)
We provide a thorough biomechanical assessment as well as the following
- Gait analysis
- Pressure analysis
- Posture analysis
A detailed assessment will enable us to create a management plan to determine what treatments will best suit you.
Orthotics are designed to:
- Improve function by controlling motion
- Providing support through stabilizing gait
- Reducing pain by transferring the load to another area
- Correcting flexible deformities
- Preventing progression of fixed deformities and reducing the risk of arthritis
Involves our running clinic
Assessment of your running style; offering guidance and management plan to suit your needs and daily life.
- Exercise and Stretching Programs
- Padding and Strapping
- Injection therapies including:
- Visco supplements
Video Running Clinic
Innovation Podiatry offers runners personalised biomechanical assessments utilising both stationary and GoPro video analysis. Running clinics diagnose lower limb and gait abnormalities and provide the patient with education and if required footwear and orthotic solutions. Vanessa, being a keen triathlete herself, has experienced and understands the frustration associated with injury from repetitive exercise and long distance running.
Most foot problems that people with diabetes face arise from two complications of the disease: nerve damage and poor circulation.
- Nerve Damage; Peripheral Neuropathy
- Poor Circulation; Peripheral Vascular Disease
We will carry out a physical examination and a series of tests to determine the extent of your diabetic foot health. From this we can educate and advise you on a treatment plan, as well as liaise with your doctor.
Orthotics may also be used in the prevention of foot ulcers in the ‘at risk’ diabetic foot.
Podopaediatrics (Children’s Lower Limb Assessments)
- Pigeon Toed
- Flat Feet
- Bow Legs
- Knock Knees
- Flexible Joints
Acute or chronic ingrown toenails can be resolved with non surgical or surgical treatment
- Surgical Intervention: A partial nail avulsion with phenolisation is a minor procedure that permanently removes the offending section of nail plate under local anaesthetic, leaving you pain free.