MPod BNurs BHSc (Pod) M.A.Pod.A
In 1996 Vanessa Ng graduated as a Registered Nurse from the Queensland University of Technology (QUT). Vanessa began working at the Royal Brisbane Hospital, where she moved throughout the Medical and Surgical Divisions specialising in areas such as Infectious Diseases, Rheumatology, Dermatology, and Vascular. During this time an interest for caring for the lower limb began. In 1999 whilst still working as a Registered Nurse, Vanessa began her second degree at QUT studying Podiatry.
Upon completion of her studies, Vanessa undertook employment with one of her University lecturers. Vanessa has cared for clients with conditions from simple corn removal to complicated diabetic ulceration. In 2005 Vanessa secured the position of consulting podiatrist with the Queensland Diabetes Centre at the Mater Hospital. In this position Vanessa has had many opportunities to educate about Diabetes and foot complications. Vanessa’s interest in Diabetic care has evolved from personal experience with a family history of Diabetes.
Vanessa is currently employed one day a week as a Senior Podiatrist, research assistant for The Prince Charles Hospital, Chermside. Her research concentrates on the upskilling of public podatrists and the treatment and prevalence of the High Risk Foot and Diabetic Ulcers.
Vanessa has completed an advanced course in lower limb acupuncture and a Level 1 Foot Manipulation course. Combining these treatments Vanessa now offers alternative therapies which can compliment traditional podiatric treatments. Vanessa delivers a holistic customer focused service with an emphasis on quality care. Vanessa believes that patient treatment needs to be tailored to the individual.
In 2010 Vanessa completed her Master of Podiatry through the University of South Australia.
In her spare time Vanessa can be found running around the Currimundi area with her 2 dogs or triathlon training with the ATLAS multisport club.
Other areas of interest:
- Children’s conditions – Gait training and corrective footwear and orthoses
- Sports – running injuries, including sesamoiditis, achilles heel and ankle pain, Shin pain, athletes foot, heel pain, bio mechanical muscular strains, running and walking pains
- Women’s – footwear
- Surgery – partial and full nail removals for treating ingrown toe nails
- High Risk Foot Care – Specialised treatment for those who have a lowered immune response such as diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis or cancer.
- Giving birth to my Son Xavier 2015
- Sydney City to Surf – numerous years
- Kokoda Challenge 2013 & 2014
- Cairns Ironman 2014
- Numerous 70.3 Distance incl. Busselton, Cairns, Port Macquarie, Sunshine Coast 2012-2017
- Hervey Bay 100
- Multiple Olympic Distance Triathlons inc. Hervey Bay, Mooloolaba, Caloundra & Noosa 2012-2017
- Gold Coast Half Marathon 2012
- Cairns Team Airport Challenge 70.3kms, 2012
- Melbourne Marathon 2011
- Bridge to Brisbane 2009, 2011.
- Completed Jetty to Jetty Half Marathon 2010, 2011
- Completed Women’s Pink Triathlon 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Zahra graduated from Queensland University of Technology (QUT) in 2016 with an honours degree in podiatry. She worked privately in North Queensland treating a wide variety of patients with her main focus being diabetic foot care, until joining Innovation Podiatry in August 2017.
Along with routine diabetic assessment she has particular interest in musculoskeletal injuries and biomechanical cases.
Zahra is passionate about providing high level of quality care and is currently studying Graduate Certificate in Podiatric Therapeutics which will allow her to prescribe podiatric medications.
During her spare time Zahra enjoys bike riding and playing netball.
Other areas of interest:
- Paediatric conditions – Flat feet, In-toeing/Out-toeing gait, Severs, Osgood-Schlatter disease,
- Sports Running/Walking injuries – Plantar Fasciitis, Achillies Tendinits, Shin Splints, Sesamoiditis, Ankle Pain, Biomechanical Muscular Strains.
- Women’s/Men’s – Dress footwear
- Surgery – Partial/Complete nail removals of Ingrown Toe Nails, Wart removal
- High Risk Foot Care – Diabetes, Rheumatoid Arthritis
- High Risk PowerPoint Presentation at Logan Hospital – Infectious Disease Clinic, Metro South – 2016
- QUT Health Fusion Team Challenge – 2015
- QUT Classic Run – 2013, 2014, 2015
- Student Ambassador; Face of University of Queensland 2012 – 2014